Dec 1, 2009

Almost forgot about Kalalau

I somehow forgot to share my slides from this year's trip to Kalalau valley on Kauai. The full set of 100 images or so is available here:

Kalalau Slides 2009

Without captions it might be a little hard to tell what you're looking at, so watch carefully for the Polynesian archeological sites and secret jungle gardens.

This portrait is of Biff, the self proclaimed tour guide of the valley. The bluff we're on for this photo has to be the best vista point for watching the sun set and it's not bad for photo ops.

Speaking of Kalalau sunsets, here is one of my favorites from this trip:

I've collected a lot of images over my five trips to Kalalau but somehow I never come away feeling like I've gotten the whole story on film. I guess the obvious lesson here is that it just isn't possible. One day I'm going to compile some photos and stories into a short book but there is still more to be learned.

1 comment:

  1. Yo! The sunset pic in this post is now my desktop pic at work. It's just that cool. Good work! =)

    ReplyDelete