Feb 15, 2010

Stuart & Jeff - Feb 14th 2010


I had my first opportunity to shoot a same sex wedding over Valentines weekend and it was a blast.

When I was originally contacted by Stuart I thought to myself, "... a wedding with no bride? This is what I've been waiting for!" and they were truly easy to work with.

Another reason this event was particularly fun was that it was in their beautiful home in Laguna Beach. The ceremony was held on their patio which has an incredible view of Catalina Island.

This was also my first traditional Jewish wedding.
You can see here the chuppa ( the 'c' is silent ) which I thought was an interesting tradition. It requires a person to hold up each of the four corners, and the chuppa holders are usually close family members. I think it makes a nice metaphor for the support of family and friends.

I enjoy these in-home weddings because I find that everyone is more relaxed and there are fewer hangups. Not to mention a beautiful home makes for a nicer backdrop than a hotel conference room. It was a little crowded with their 100 guests but I found ways to work around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment