May 5, 2010

Kevan & Carolyn Darling

Back on the 17th of April I had the opportunity to shoot the beautiful wedding of Kevan and Carolyn Darling. The ceremony was traditional Greek Orthodox, meaning there are a lot of built in traditions and the priest sings a lot. Here is the couple circling the altar:

I hadn't met Carolyn prior to the wedding so I think I was possibly even more shocked than everyone else at how beautiful she looked. Kevin was looking pretty sharp himself in his Army Officer's uniform.
Their reception was at a beautiful vacation rental / event venue up in Temecula. The location was incredibly photogenic and some thin clouds rolled in offering the perfect diffusion. I was using a 580EX II speedlite with diffusion for some fill on most of the portraits. Let me make this clear: this was like shooting fish in a barrel.

This one ( above ) is an early attempt at an HDR, but I think it still looks a little overblown. Too much detail in the grass perhaps?

Carolyn and Kevan were possibly the most laid back couple I've ever worked with. It was good to see people enjoy their wedding day so thoroughly without worrying about any of the logistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment